The City of Broken Arrow is hiring a Utilities Service Worker for the day shift. This full-time position is based at the Public Works Facility. For more information or to apply, please click HERE!
|This position is responsible for participating in the installation, maintenance, and repair of the City’s water and wastewater systems. The employee may be assigned to a water, sewer, or construction team.
| Major Duties:
- Installs and repairs water and wastewater lines and mains
- Repairs fire hydrants, water services, meters, and meter boxes
- Operates light and heavy equipment
- Installs new service taps
- Sets up specialized equipment according to guidelines
- Cleans up work sites
- Flags traffic at work sites
- Cleans blockages from sewer mains
- Maintains assigned vehicles and equipment
- Raises and lowers manholes
- Responds to after-hours emergency situations
- Performs other related duties as assigned