The City of Broken Arrow is hiring a plant mechanic. This full-time position is based at the Wastewater Treatment Plant (13874 S. 177th E. Ave.).
This position is responsible for the mechanical maintenance and repair of the wastewater treatment plant.
| Major Duties:
- Performs preventative, corrective, and work order maintenance duties; repairs or recommends replacement of chemical feed pumps
- Secures pricing for new equipment and repair parts
- Performs minor electrical work; changes fuses, motor starters, transformers, and control cabinets
- Sets up and maintains maintenance software
- Installs new equipment and capital improvement items
- Operates truck for hauling sludge; operates heavy equipment
- Maintains plant grounds; paints and cleans plant facilities
- Collects samples and completes laboratory tests
- Repairs or replaces pipes and pipe fittings
- Maintains inventory of parts and supplies
- Assists in the development of the maintenance budget
- Cleans up sludge spills
- Inspects and repairs chemical feed equipment, chlorine regulators, manifolds, gas detectors, and sodium bisulfate feed system
- Responds to emergency situations
- Performs other related duties as assigned
For more info, please click HERE!